Wednesday, December 20, 2006

No Xmas Skiving

I love to skive over Xmas, and the build-up to it. There's nothing quite as satisfying (in an almost sexual way) as watching colleagues work whilst I put my feet up and relax.

However my boss is ill. Work needs doing. Problems have arisen and the skive is over!

Bloody Xmas illnesses.

I bet every unpleasant disease known to man - from MRSA to the Bubonic plague and smallpox - began over the Xmas skiving period.

Still, at least I can slouch, sloth and skive my way through Friday 22nd all the way through to the first few days of the New Year.

Fucking brilliant!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have to work. This is the week when (normally) everyone else is skiving and I have to work. For some unforeseen reason (I'm slightly scared), there's practically nothing to do. I've been watching 9 months of zefrank's podcasts, for christsakes. I feel your pain...in spirit this year.

7:50 pm  
Blogger The Nothing Man said...

Embrace the nothingness, let it envelope you... it will become your friend. Seriously though, my boss' illness will probably put him out of action for the rest of the week... which means no skiving for me! Enjoy it whilst it's quiet 'cause it won't last!

10:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home