Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Consumer madness

At the moment I want to buy shit I don't need. Books, DVDs, computers, TVs; you name it and the likelihood is that I've lusted after it recently! Nice shiny new shit!

It's the boredom thing I wrote about earlier. It burrows into your soul, if such a thing exists, and empties it, only to overwhelm you with the need to fill that gap!

The devil doesn't make work for idle hands.

No, the fucking evil cunt makes work for idle minds and empties the contents of your bank account into the coffers of Dixons, PC World, Waterstones, HMV and any other purveyor of useless stuff you don't need. And once you have your new 'stuff' you find it doesn't fill that gap quite as well as you first hoped.

So you feel the urge to buy more.

And those adverts you saw for that gorgeous new games console, and that fantastic looking plasma screen...

Having worked for a few of them in my time I think Satan might just be working in advertising and marketing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do get that often, but not at the moment. But if you do want a book, I can recommend no less than Motley Crue's The Dirt.

(Again)

Seriously unputdownable.

10:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love shiny new things. Truly.

I also find, though, that if I'm getting laid enough, I lose all desire for those consumer traps... I also lose my appetite, and my need for sleep.

Your word verification is pdtnnn... put it in?

12:14 am  
Blogger The Nothing Man said...

Put it in?

Nice!

3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home